Regional Training Manager
Job Number: 3139
Category: Corporate/Support Staff
Location: 550 Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA
PR Management Corp. knows there's only one way to become New England's best restaurant organization: a passion for being the very best. We're the region's leading franchisee of Panera Bread, and every day - in our top-performing bakery-cafes across New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine - we're raising the bar through the delicious food we create, the strong relationships we build, and the exceptional careers we offer.
HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT
We're committed to setting a higher standard for excellence in every facet of our business. It all starts with your management training in an environment that will foster your learning and allow you to experience our culture first-hand. Our knowledgeable training managers will guide and support you through each step of your training, providing a foundation for your success.
Your optimism and ambition will help our Panera restaurants become not just a great place to work, but a cornerstone in the communities where we operate. That's how we rise above rest, and in return we help you do the same — with a real commitment to promoting from within, exceptional training and career growth programs, and a truly welcoming and caring working culture.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
We're looking for a passionate Regional Training Manager to join the PR Restaurants People Development Team. Reporting to our Lead Regional Training Manager this role will partner with multiple PR learning team members to drive execution of our development programs, manage projects to create new content and maintain current content, develop training specialists in the field, manage development of new managers and identification of future talent. You will partner with other Operational experts, learning leaders, and technical experts to drive forward a strategy and execution of training cafes, leader development in the field, onboarding new associates, developing training specialists and coaching to operational standards.
This role will live and supports PR Restaurants mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy and adhere to the PR Restaurants regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support achievement of annual goals through training, coaching, onboarding and consulting with aligned districts
- Regularly partner with District Managers to identify district specific training & development needs
- Manage the onboarding, training, and certification process for all managers in their districts
- Manage, certify, and develop the Training Specialists in their districts to ensure cascading of learning & development initiatives and executive of needed café level development classes
- Drive the identification, certification, and maintenance of Training café's in their districts
- Perform scheduled café visits addressing the team's action items
- Drive progress through PR's leadership development programs
- Drive participation in Panera operational initiatives
- Evaluate and report training program(s) effectiveness and implement changes as needed
- Gathers feedback from trainees during and following training to determine instructional and content effectiveness
- Utilize observations and data driven insights to provide directional coaching to improve conversion, retention, speed, accuracy, sales, and café health performance
- Works shoulder to shoulder with the Team to set direction and champion all elements of People Development
- Support market meetings and peer-to-peer related group meetings
- Support café openings and closings
- Drive franchisee engagement in Panera's continuous improvement plans
- Continuous look for opportunities to improve and optimize development approaches based on adult learning principles, industry standards, and metrics
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Will be required to locally for meetings and sessions with team members including possible over nights.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job experience in related field.
- 2- 5 years of multi-unit (franchise/chain) training experience
- 2-5 years of restaurant management experience
- Ability to provide financial review and analysis to Business Partners
- Ability to provide sales, marketing and operational leadership & standards
- P&L and operational knowledge/experience
- Dedication to impacting results…with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills with all levels
- Willing and able to travel locally approximately 90% with potential for overnights
- Proficient in group training, presentations and public speaking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, or other customer management software, or other dashboard management software
- Experience in facilitating group learning events
- Experience in HRIS systems, UltiPro preferred