Overnight Baker - Topsham
Job Number: 3400
Location: 75 Topsham Fair Mall Road, Topsham, ME
Panera Bread is the premier brand in Quick Casual restaurants, and PR Management is the premier operator of Panera cafes in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Come make a difference with Panera as a Baker today! Panera's essence of warmth and quality begins with baking. This is an opportunity to provide an unparalleled quality product to each of our guests.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manage the overall production of all baked product within the cafe in accordance with Panera Bread's and PR Restaurants standards. Supports PR Restaurants mission, values and purpose. Adheres to the PR Restaurants regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Follow the baker timeline to complete each bake nightly with efficiency and integrity
- Follow Panera/PR Management baking specs to Gold Standard
- Operate all equipment according to company standards
- Ensure cleanliness by following detail cleaning task lists posted in baker area
- Follow all organization and labeling standards
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Champion Panera Breads Cultural Values on a nightly basis within your assigned bakery cafe
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Must be able to handle/lift up to 50 pounds. Physical effort required due to standing for prolonged periods of time presenting training program information. Prolonged standing will be needed. Bending, stretching and walking constantly will be part of your nightly routine. Manual dexterity and sufficient arm and upper body strength required. Travel up to 35 miles is required for this role.
EDUCATION: High school or GED preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of baking experience preferred. Overnight experience preferred.
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Capacity to effectively initiate rapport and build relationships with Bakery Ops management, as well as vendors and café operations.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and tactical skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.