Director of Learning & Development
Job Number: 2715
Category: Corporate/Support Staff
Location: 550 Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA
WHO WE ARE
PR Management Corp. knows there’s only one way to become New England’s best restaurant organization: a passion for being the very best. We’re the region’s leading franchisee of Panera Bread, and every day – in our top-performing bakery-cafes across New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine – we’re raising the bar through the delicious food we create, the strong relationships we build, and the exceptional careers we offer.
HOW WE’RE DIFFERENT
We’re committed to setting a higher standard for excellence in every facet of our business. It all starts with your management training in an environment that will foster your learning and allow you to experience our culture first-hand. Our knowledgeable training managers will guide and support you through each step of your training, providing a foundation for your success.
Your optimism and ambition will help our Panera restaurants become not just a great place to work, but a cornerstone in the communities where we operate. That’s how we rise above rest, and in return we help you do the same — with a real commitment to promoting from within, exceptional training and career growth programs, and a truly welcoming and caring working culture.
In addition, our managers enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability, 401k with company match
- Paid vacation
- No alcohol service; grease-free environment
- Free meals while working
There’s no limit to how far your enthusiasm and drive can take you at PR Management Corp. If you’re ready to see how our Higher Standards can fuel the best experience of your career, connect with us today!
Partner with key PR Restaurants department heads/business leaders to design, develop and implement multi-phased employee and management development strategies that are aligned with company goals and support the business objectives and culture. Ensure implementation of initiatives that are designed to improve business performance, organizational capability, and the work environment. Lead a group of Regional Training Managers to successfully build the PR Restaurant Training program.
Supports PR Restaurants mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the PR Restaurants regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Oversee the Learning and Development activities supporting all PR Restaurants goals/objectives
- Direct staff in the research and implementation of training and development programs to support various initiatives such as to improve business performance, organizational capability and the work environment while ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements and guidelines. This process includes but is not limited to:
- Conducting needs assessments to identify and diagnose deficiencies and problems in employee, management and organizational effectiveness as well as to identify key /desired behaviors and skills.
- Research options and strategies to determine the optimal course of action.
- Recommend possible solutions and interventions to ensure high impact positive results and to provide skill enhancement and growth.
- Develop content or revise new or existing programs to ensure that the objectives determined above are addressed and attainable. Collaborate with department or other appropriate personnel to ensure identified solutions are in alignment with goals, policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and audit the effectiveness of the programs; identify process and content issues and problems, and recommend adjustments to the programs to continually enhance and improve initiatives and programs.
- Track, monitor and analyze results of implemented programs to facilitate auditing of the programs as well as to identify further individual needs.
- Ensure that the programs and training materials developed and revised are instructionally sound, and that the concepts and materials are consistent and inter-connected across all programs.
- Deliver, and facilitate the implementation of, training programs and presentations utilizing the appropriate developed or purchased materials. Determine the most effective delivery method and tools to address the particular identified needs to ensure achievement of objectives. Develop and utilize teaching aids as needed.
- Identify new development topics and methods through benchmarking, networking, participating in conferences/workshops/programs and researching best practices.
- Participate on cross-functional teams. Provide expertise, recommendations and updates from a learning and development perspective.
- Promote and market the services of the Learning & Development Dept. to support business objectives.
- Research, oversee and assess external vendors for training programs, materials and equipment. Make recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Light physical effort required due to standing for prolonged periods of time presenting training program information. Moving and setting up equipment for presentations.
Travel is required for this role.
- Bachelors degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Development, Psychology, Education, or Management.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of training and development experience at least 4 of which were managing both people and processes
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a performance consultant, relationship manager, collaborator and team player.
- Creative problem-solver, out-of-the box thinker.
- Capacity to effectively initiate rapport and build relationships with senior leadership as well as educational institutions, vendors, and community organizations, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Excellent relationship building and influence skills with clients and colleagues.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with HR colleagues.
- Solid understanding of on-line training concepts, materials and issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methods, theories, concepts and techniques
Internal Contacts: PR Restaurants employees: -Learning & Development Staff, Trainees/participants and their managers including senior management. All departments and levels of employees
External Contacts: Vendors, venue personnel.
Regional Training Managers
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all relevant Company and Business Unit policies and procedures, and local, state, and Federal laws and regulations.
Ensure that employees understand and comply with all-relevant Company policies and procedures, and local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, and establish effective internal systems and controls to promote such compliance.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.